Friday, October 10, 2008

Wow, it has been quiet a while since my last post. Aften has been somewhat on the back burner in favor of other projects this year. But I have at least been working on AC-3 and E-AC-3, so much of the work I'm doing will help improve Aften in the future.

I have started to do some more work with Alsophila, which is sort of my Aften sandbox project. Channel coupling has been working for a while now, but it's very simplistic. I'm revamping the structure of the encoder to allow a much better CBR mode with adaptive coupling and bandwith. Once I'm happy with that, I'll probably start work on E-AC-3 encoding.

I really didn't like splitting out a new project, but the code structure of Aften was starting to get overwhelming and was making experimentation with new features somewhat difficult. When I get CBR+coupling working well, I'll try to port the changes back to Aften.

No comments: